We solve high-stakes and complex business problems for our clients quickly, decisively, and cost-effectively, leveraging our deep trial skills, strategic guidance, and sophisticated business judgment. From arbitrations to lawsuits to class actions, we vigorously defend and promote our clients’ interests with calculated strategies from the outset, aggressive tactics to limit risk, and a readiness for trial in the endgame. We have ample experience litigating and winning in federal and state courts across a wide range of substantive areas, including antitrust matters, financial services representations, securities and commodities litigation, M&A disputes, commercial real estate issues, and class action defense, among others. Our clients include companies and control personnel in the financial services, technology, cryptocurrency, hospitality, investment, and insurance industries, and many more.
Representative engagements include:
- Secured dismissal of putative class action alleging manipulation of natural petroleum benchmark against French petroleum multinational and its subsidiaries following a FERC investigation. Successfully defended the dismissal on appeal.
- Secured federal court dismissal of group of investment firms from intercreditor litigation arising from international privately held mattress company’s efforts to recapitalize and restructure amidst the COVID crisis.
- Won summary judgment in federal court in post-acquisition earn-out dispute for outdoor sports company, including damages and attorneys’ fees. Affirmed on appeal.
- Represented Chinese insurance company in Delaware Chancery Court trial over repudiated sale of billion-dollar portfolio of US-based luxury hotels stemming from onset of COVID pandemic.
- Tried to jury defense verdict a securities class action against a leading broker-dealer.
- Tried to a jury defense verdict a civil antitrust case against a major Philadelphia hospital.
- Counseled industry-leading, NYSE-listed software-as-a-service company on potential antitrust ramifications of marketing strategies.
- Represented Swiss banking giant in antitrust class actions involving alleged manipulation of forex exchange benchmarks (FOREX) and government sponsored entity bonds (GSE Bonds), including trimming claims and achieving favorable settlement.
- Won several multimillion-dollar plaintiffs’ verdicts and awards in various business disputes.